Basford St Leodegarius

Pictures

Click on any thumbnail image to display the full-size picture

Historical Pictures:

Artist’s impression
of the church in 1831
showing the tower
which fell in 1859,
the narrow north aisle
and the former roof line
The interior c.1883.
Note trefoil east
windows, triptych
reredos, old benches
and candle lighting

Photograph of the church
immediately after the
fire in 1900 showing
the roofless chancel and
damaged nave roof

The interior in 1905The interior in 1905 after
the restoration. New
reredos, screen, windows,
lectern, seating, gas lighting
and murals by Miss Pitman
The new reredos in 1905
(much was later removed
to reveal windows)
The church from the
south (c.1906)

The peal of 8 bellsThe ring of 8 bells (June 1921)


The organ destroyed by fire in 1974The organ destroyed
by fire
in 1974

Modern Photographs:

View from the
north-west
View from the
south-west
The tower and nave
from the south
View from the
south-east
View from the
north-east
The tower from
the south-west
Detail of one
of the pinnacles
on the tower
Interior of the
south porch
The chancel looking east The interior looking east The interior looking west The south chapel
North arcade Detail of a memorial from the
chancel now in the tower
Cusped piscina in
the south chapel
Detail of the centre light
of the east window