Bradmore Church Rooms


Bradmore Mission room has a single bell in the tower with the bell rope located in the chancel of the building. It is comparatively modern having been installed in June 2005 by the Bunny and Bradmore Charities as a memorial to the Rev. Trevor Sisson, rector of the united parishes of Keyworth, Stanton-on-the-Wolds and Bradmore with Bunny who was an ex-officio trustee of the charities. It was provided with the aid of grants from local businesses British Gypsum, East Midlands Airport Community Fund and Hardstaff Haulage. It is known as Trevor’s Bell.

Prior to 2005 the church had a small bell that began its life as the school bell c.1700 (when the school was opened), was then transferred to Bunny St Mary and relocated to Bradmore in the early 1960s. It is known to have been hung on a small steel angle iron frame with a wooden head stock and was cast by William Noone weighing five cwt. with a waist measurement of 15.5 inches. It is now back at its original home, the local school.

On the wall of the Church Rooms is a framed document commemorating the donation of the bell.