For this church:
The frame in the old church is a short-headed form and has been dated by dendrochronology to 1586. The full report on the bellframe is available for downloading.
It housed three bells:
1. ‘God save the Church, 1600 and the shield of Henry Oldfield
2. ‘Jesus be our Speed’, and the shield of Henry Oldfield.
3. ‘Thos. Hedderly Founder’ Wm Burton C.W. 1750
The three bells were recast and moved to the new church in 1861.