For this church:
JOHN TAYLOR & SON FOUNDERS LOUGHBOROUGH 1853
GOD SAVE THIS CHURCH JOHN FRANCKLIN AND WILLIAM DARBY CHURCHWARDENS
IHS NAZARENVS REX FILI DEI MISERERE 1684
GOD SAVE HIS CHVRCH 1684
C S R F WARDENS
JOHN TAYLOR & SON, FOUNDERS, LOUGHBOROUGH, LEICESTERSHIRE
GOD SAVE THIS CHURCH REBUILT A:D 1853
Hung in a two-tier wooden frame of 1852. On the lower beams are incised:
|West side||REBUILT BY|
|East side||W. FAULKS. JOINER 1852|
Prior to 1852 and the erection of the tower there was a small wooden frame containing the two middle bells, which are the work of William Noone. Taylors augmented the bells to four, but the tower wrok appears to be Faulks’ work using Taylor headstocks and bearings. He was the local joiner.
The bells were rehung on ball bearings with repaired fittings, and stays and sliders added, by William Saunders of Oxton in 1992.
The bells are rung from the ground-floor-level ringing chamber set beneath the tower. This is separated from the nave by a partition in the western arch of the north aisle.