Laxton St Michael


The clock mechanism The old plaque
on the clock
The new plaque
in the nave
The (west)
clock face

The clock was made by G & W Cope, 1865.

It was paid for by a voluntary subscription raised in October 1865 and organised by a committee chaired by the vicar, Rev H A Martin. The other members were William Pinder, George Bennett, Thomas Beckitt, Robert Brewitt.

It was restored in July 1989 in memory of Ivy Adeline Scott.

There are clock faces on the south and west sides of the tower.