Mansfield St Peter and St Paul
Features and Fittings
Elaborate corniced reredos in memory of William Spurr, a former churchwarden.
The inscription on a brass plaque reads:
TO THE GLORY OF GOD AND IN LOVING MEMORY OF WILLIAM SPURR
WARDEN OF THIS CHURCH, 1875 TO 1888, THIS REREDOS WAS ERECTED
BY MARY OLDRIEVE, HIS WIFE.
Chamfered pointed piscina and elliptical arched aumbry.
Chamfered square ashlar font with marble shafts.
Along the base is an inscription that states:
IN MEMORY OF ERNEST EDWARD WALKER BORN NOV. 14 1867 DIED AUG 17 1868 + ERECTED BY HIS AFFECTIONATE MOTHER MARY ELIZABETH WALKER.
Ernest was the son of Sir Edward Walker of Berry Hill Hall, Mansfield. Lady Walker donated the font in 1871.
Round ashlar pulpit with alabaster dressings dating from the 1870-71 restoration.
Late 19th century brass eagle lectern.