For this church:
Nottingham St James
The memorial to the sixteen men of St. James parish who died in the First World War was removed to St. Peter’s, Nottingham, in 1933. It is now located on the north wall of the nave in that church. Its original site in St. James is not known.
The memorial is a rectangular tablet sculpted from white marble with a brown marble border. A young man is shown lying on his back on an altar slab, beneath a small central radiant cross. Supporting him at each end is an angel kneeling on a plinth, holding tokens of death.
A list of the names of the dead and the regiment or service with which they served is placed in the centre.
The inscription on the bottom rail of the border reads: