For this church:
The organ was located in the corner formed by the chancel arch and the north wall (speaking liturgically - St Luke’s was not traditionally oriented). It was installed soon after the church was built by a local firm Messrs Lloyd and Dudgeon of Union Road, Nottingham, at a cost of £120. The instrument was enlarged in 1870 costing £55. Plans that were submitted to the ICBS in 1870 detailing a proposed gallery, also show that the organ was to be re-sited onto the gallery. Whilst the gallery was built, there is no evidence to show that the organ was actually moved. A photograph published in 1911 shows the organ in the north-east corner of the nave.