For this church:
Westwood St Mary
The churchyard consists of two sections, and is triangular in shape. The original churchyard surrounds the building on all four sides and the church is positioned towards the northern apex of the triangle, with only a short gap of land on its north side. It has a brick boundary wall and mature deciduous trees along the north side of the church and along the western edge of the churchyard. The remaining boundaries are hedges. There are many gravestones, all of which post-date the construction of the church, the earliest of which dates from 1901. There are 3 officially recognized Commonwealth War Graves. The old churchyard was formally closed in February 2009. The new section, which is also triangular, and lies to the south of the old churchyard, has been in use since January 1961 is currently still in use for new burials. There is a section for the interment of cremated remains. Burial registers survive from 1899 to the present day.