For this church:
Averham St Michael and All Angels
A western stone tower containing a ring of six bells. All the bells carry the same inscription:
with, at the waist:
Other details of the bells are:
Hung in a low-sided oak frame (type V), wooden headstocks and plain bearings on the back five, all in poor condition due to lack of maintenance, with the treble rehung on a cast iron headstock and ball-bearings in 1979.
The bells are all by Thomas II Mears of the Whitechapel bell foundry, London. Prior to 1840 there were three bells dated respectively 1599, 1604 and 1613, which weighed in all 17¾ cwt. All three almost certainly came from the Oldfield foundry in Nottingham.