For this church:
Averham St Michael and All Angels
In 1866 a new organ by Bevington was installed at a cost of £108, defrayed by subscription.
This was replaced by a new organ, in a carved oak case designed by the Newark architect Harold Bailey, by J. J. Binns of Leeds. It was presented by the Rev Joseph Cyril Walker, who was then curate of the parish, in memory of Queen Victoria. The dedication ceremony on 23 May 1901 was conducted by the Lord Bishop of Southwell.
From c.1990 water damage made the organ unplayable and it became infested with mice. During this period the church used an electronic instrument.
The organ was restored by Henry Groves & Son in 2015-2018. It is one of only two organs in Britain to have three distinct winding systems: hand blowing, electric blower, and water pump.
In 2014 it was awarded a Historic Organ Certificate (Grade II).
A full technical description of the organ is available on the National Pipe Organ Register website.