For this church:
Babworth All Saints
Features and Fittings
A 'fine reredos of alabaster, thickly inlaid with insertions of coloured marbles' was built as part of the 1878 restoration.
At some point in the 20th century the east wall was plastered and a plain oak panelled reredos installed.
In the south wall of the chancel is a piscina with chamfered surround.
The choir stalls are made of oak and were installed in 1878.
A brass plate on the base of the font reads:
The font is by George Walker Milburn (1844-1941), a carver and sculptor based in York, who worked on various fixtures and fittings at the church over the period 1878-79, including the pulpit, lectern, desk, bench ends, poppy heads and an oak book case.
The font cover is made from the same wood as the Mayflower II, a replica of the original Mayflower, which sailed from Plymouth to New Plymouth in 1957.
The wooden pulpit has blind tracery and rests on a stone base. The inscription around the base reads:
It was installed during the restoration of 1878.
It was made by a prisoner from Ranby prison using approximately 14,000 matchsticks.
In the vestry are two benefaction boards, a wooden donations box and a metal box (made by C. Taylor of Retford) used for storing the parish registers: