Budby Chapel


Extract from the
Retford &
2nd Dec 1898

Longmans, A Visit to Sherwood Forest, 1850

White’s Directory of Nottinghamshire, 1853

Retford & Gainsborogh Times Newspaper, 1898

Perlethorpe Church Terrier, 1936

St Mary’s Edwinstowe, St Giles’ Carburton, Budby, church magazine, 1968


There was a single register for the Mission Chapel, which was maintained at the Perlethorpe Church. Entries were made from 1900 and were still in use up to its transfer to the Vicar of Edwinstowe on 1st June 1958. The document was not added to after this. It was later transferred to the Diocesan Archive.