For this church:
Monuments and Memorials
There is only one memorial in the church and it is mounted on the south wall of the chancel. It is made of a fine-grained grey stone with black columns on either side topped with ornate capitals. There is a carved leaf pattern along the bottom. The main plaque is supported on two stone brackets with a flower and leaf design. The plaque with the inscription is a pale, grey-veined marble with black lettering. The overall size is approximately 70 cm wide and 70 cm high. As the person commemorated died in 1870, it appears that the memorial was transferred from the old church before its demolition. The inscription reads as follows:
The maker’s name, McPherson, Nottingham, appears in the bottom left hand corner of the memorial.