For this church:
Langford St Bartholomew
The churchyard is entered from the west by a gate in an iron railing fence that runs along a medieval track that runs past the church from the deserted medieval village to the south, leading to evidence of medieval and earlier settlements to the north. These railings run along the north boundary separating the cemetery from cultivated arable land and to the west from the vicarage garden. The southern boundary is a wall which runs parallel to one side of the C19th vicarage. Wake (1867) considered that the frequent discovery of bones in the vicarage garden ‘proves’ that the churchyard was much larger than at present. Although it had been recently extended by the generosity of Lord Middleton and the then vicar, the Rev W. Brown.
There are several graves dating from the early 1800s and a few graves which are of indeterminate date due to erosion.