For this church:
Linby St Michael
The original clock, made by Richard Roe of Epperstone in 1700, was probably removed when the four bells were hung in 1826. There is a strip of wood from the clock affixed to the north wall of the tower ground floor which has an inscription that reads:
The present clock made by G. & F. Cope & Co. of Nottingham was installed in 1947 as a result of a legacy from the Rev A. B. Reid (Rector 1913-1941). A plaque on the south wall of the tower ground floor states:
The conversion to automatic electric winding by Smith of Derby took place in 1998.