For this church:
Core fabric 1896 on site previously occupied by 1883 chapel
Significant Interior Features
Timbers and roofs
External bellcote for two bells of 1896.
Not scheduled for preservation Grade 4, but to be retained in the context of the building fabric as a whole.
Excavations and potential for survival of below-ground archaeology
No archaeological excavations have taken place.
The building was constructed in 1896; an iron mission chapel was built here in 1883 in the area now used as a car park. This chapel was demolished for a brick-built church hall in 1932 which was in turn demolished in the 1970s. Previous use of the land has not yet been researched but it is unlikely that any earlier church, prior to 1883, existed on this site. All standing fabric and below-ground stratigraphy is therefore likely to date from 1883 to the present day.
The site is adjacent to a burial ground that was in use from 1834.
The overall potential for the survival of below-ground archaeology in the churchyard is considered low and below the present interior floors is considered to be low.
Exterior:Largely landscaping and site of mission chapel and hall 1883-present day.
Interior: All of 1896 with some later, minor intrusion. Stratigraphy of importance to this period only.
Standing fabric of building 1896 and later.