For this church:
Stanton on the Wolds All Saints
Core fabric probably C11-13th with restorations in 1889 and 1952
Single-celled building with western bell turret
Extension built on N.W side of nave in 1977
Apart from late C20th addition, this building has probably retained its original plan form without modification
Significant Interior Features
Font, late C11th or early C12th
C19th south door
C19th interior fittings
Timbers and roofs
Integral part of western stone turret
Scheduled for preservation. Grade 2, mainly 1889 rebuild (fittings unimportant, 1952).
Excavations and potential for survival of below-ground archaeology
No recorded excavations have been undertaken. The interior floor was probably disturbed in the C18th and C19th according to historical accounts. However, the basic plan of the building may have remained unchanged since the C12th and, in consequence, its interior stratigraphy may be of considerable significance.
The overall potential for the survival of below-ground archaeology in the churchyard is considered high and below the present interior floors is considered to be high.
Exterior: Largely inhumation burials, medieval to C19th. Boundaries may have importance in the development of the site.
Interior: Nave and Chancel largely undisturbed, though with upper areas possibly disrupted in the C18th and C19th; high potential for surviving medieval stratigraphy, potentially back to the C11th or C12th. Tower restored but potentially of early form.
Standing fabric of building has multiphase construction.