For this church:
Wellow St Swithin
Features and Fittings
The font and pulpit are 19th century stonework, of Caen stone, supplied by Cox of London. The pulpit has a figure of St. Swithin and was donated by a member of the Savile family in the late 19th/early 20th century.
Under the west window is a Norman font bowl, round at the front and square at the back (as it was originally made to stand against a wall.) This font is no longer used as all baptisms take place in the 19th century font.
The Victorian font is octagonal with a star of David in the panel facing the porch entrance.
There is a 20th century wooden lectern.
The chancel arch is of 1878 and the chancel screen was given in 1904 by Mr. J. A. Bell of Wellow House.
The reredos was donated by the Rev. W. Becher in 1880, with an inscription reading:
The communion rails were given by Mr W. S. Ward.
In the north-east corner of the chancel is a seat bearing a plaque: