For this church:
Description of the stones
The church (chancel, nave, aisles and tower) is built of stone procured from the quarries of Sutton and Annesley, with dressings of Ancaster stone. The roof is of Brosely tile.
The stonework of the upper part of the tower, which was added in 1909, displays a cruder style, which may be a consequence of funding difficulties.
Comparable Stone Buildings
None are known at present.