Hockerton St Nicholas

Features and Fittings

Font Bench end Alms box
Pulpit Lectern Cupboard with
'Green man'

The Early English font is octagonal, lidded and was retooled as part of the major restoration of the church after 1876.

There is a wooden bench end with the date 1599 inscribed on it.

The pews date from about 1876; the ends are fashioned to match the old Elizabethan one.

‘A solid oak alms box of rude design’ stands inside the door from the porch.

There is an altar table with a crucifix and two candles; and a litany desk.

There is an altar rail; and two chairs, one on each side of the altar.

There are choir stalls on either side of the chancel.

There is a stepped pulpit built into the north-east corner of the nave.

There is a lectern; also a reading desk; and a pedestal on which a vase of flowers can be placed.

A carved wooden cupboard has a Green Man on each door.

In the tower is a board detailing 'Donation To The Poor of Hockerton' dated 1832.