Hyson Green St Stephen


Click on any thumbnail image to display the full-size picture

Old Drawings:

Painting of the iron church that preceded St Stephen’s Caröe’s original design for the exterior of the church Caröe’s original design for the interior

Historical Photographs:

The iron church - the first church building on the St Stephen’s site Laying the Foundation Stone in 1897 The church in 1908 (from a picture postcard) The altar and reredos destroyed by fire in 1977
The choir beating the bounds in 1922-23 The church hall in Gladstone Street The parish room next to the church before its demolition (the church in the background) The former vicarage house, now demolished

Modern Photographs:

This is just a selection of the photographs for this entry. For further photos see other pages, especially those on Glass and Fittings

The church seen from the south-west View of the church from the west The (rather blank) east face Entrance to The Vine
The chancel Carving detail on the reredos The bell turret One of the memorials brought from St Stephen’s Bunkers Hill
Plaque in the porch, recording the source of the money by which the church was built The pulpit The war memorial dedication on the side of the organ One of the stained-glass windows