Littleborough St NicholasFeatures and Fittings
Chancel

Piscina |
Carved face on the
underside of the piscina |
Piscina, chancel south wall: set in a cusped, trefoil arch apparently 14th century; the basin has dogtooth moulding implying an earlier date. There is a small carved face added to the underside.
 Altar rails, chancel east: moulded timber rails supported on turned, wooden balustrades.
Carved depiction of the Last Supper on the north wall. The small plaque at the bottom states:
IN LOVING MEMORY OF
WILLIAM LANGFORD,
VICAR OF THIS PARISH 1917-1922.
CARVED AND PRESENTED BY T.J. PEPPER. |

Nave
 Pulpit, east nave north side: a timber reading desk set on a large circular plinth, supported by five moulded colonnettes.
 Pews, nave: plain, timber straight-back pews, probably of c.1900.

Font |
Font cover |
Font, west nave, north side: with chamfered square base and stem carrying a 17th century splayed eggcup bowl. An 18th century wooden cover is engraved with fleur-de-lys and other heraldic symbols.
 Early 19th century lectern with turned base and five turned clustered stems.
|