For this church:
South Muskham St Wilfrid
South Wall, Western Window
The western window in the south wall contains the arms of William Smith (Smyth), Bishop of Lincoln 1496-1513; it is ‘a sable, a chevron between three roses argent’ and this, moved to the south aisle from the east window of the chancel, is the only ancient glass to survive.
There are also four diamond-panes with a conventional flower-design in yellow.
In the west window, behind the font, is depicted Moses and the Old Law and, on the right hand side, Our Lord and the New Law.
Although there is no inscription Kelly's directory of Nottinghamshire for 1891 records that 'the west window commemorates the Rev. J.D. Becher M.A. for 29 years vicar of this parish.'
In the east window there are three lights depicting scenes from the Parable of the Good Samaritan.
The inscription underneath reads:
The east window now consists of five lights; the centre panel was installed in 1971/2 following a break-in at the church when one of the panels was smashed. As it was not possible to match the glass, the new panel was inserted in the centre with a depiction of the Southwell Diocesan Coat of Arms and the emblem of St. Wilfrid. The remainder of the window, and those on the north east and south east of the chancel, is glazed in green-tinted Cathedral glass in diamond panes.
The rest of the glazing is in plain glass in diamond panes.