For this church:
Thurgarton St Peter
A ring of six bells tuned to the key of A
Originally three bells were set at a much higher level in the tower but in 1954 were lowered and rehung in a new metal frame cast by Taylors. At the same time the old treble (now fourth) which was the work of William Noone and of poor tone was recast. Bells two and three (now five and six) were cast by Henry II Oldfield of Nottingham and both retain their canons.
The peal was augmented in 2000 by a second hand bell from the redundant church of St Andrews, Sharrow in Sheffield. This bell was donated by Mr Rowland Hoggard of Priory Farm, Thurgarton in memory of his son Andrew - a brass plaque at the base of the tower stairs reads:
Local fundraisers purchased two further bells in 2006; both were newly cast in Sheffield and hung by Hayward Mills of Nottingham.
The bellframe is essentially a Pickford type 8.1.B metal frame of 1954 with the addition of X-braces on the east side dating from the augmentation in 2000.