For this church:
For most of the Church’s history there were four bells. One was recast in 1887, with the others dated c.1555, 1589, and 1611.
By the late 20th century, the bells could not be rung because the old wooden bellframe was no longer safe. It was decided to supplant the frame with a new steel frame and at the same time to increase the number of bells to six. This was a complicated exercise as the old frame was scheduled for preservation by the Diocesan Advisory Committee and had to be kept in the tower.
In 2006, three new bells, cast in 2004-5, were added.
Thus currently the Church has a ring of 6 bells as follows:
The third bell was recast from a Henry II Oldfield bell, formerly dated 1611.
The old wooden frame dated from c.1600, but the maker is unidentified.