For this church:
The clock in the tower was added in 1856 by Messrs Cope of Radford, Nottingham and was made in 1854 by Reuben Bosworth of 65 Upper Parliament Street, Nottingham.
During later restoration work in 1896 the tower was pulled down to nave roof level and the stonework, battlements and pinnacles carefully restored.
The clock works are in a cast iron frame work of bars known as a double frame movement or a chair frame. The back of the chair is the narrow frame containing the gears for both the going and the striking trains. The lower part, the chair seat, is the wider frame for the two winding drums. The left hand drum drives the hands and the right hand drum the striking mechanism.
The pendulum is 8' 6" in length and swings every one and a half seconds. The escapement is a pin wheel type. The escapement wheel has a set of pins sticking out of it at right angles, and these fall onto two plates on the pendulum, which allow one pin to pass with each swing of the pendulum. The clock keeps very good time and only needs winding once a week. The driving weights fall down a shaft from the height of the clock to ground floor level. The hours are struck on the tenor bell in the belfry above.
The 4' dial on the north face of the tower was repainted and gilded in 2015.
Further information on the clock is available on the Woodborough Heritage website.