For this church:
The western tower contains a ring of eight bells:
A remodelled ring of six, mainly cast by Taylors in 1969 in a low-sided cast iron frame, further augmented in 1984.
When Stretton visited the parish in June 1812 he noted there were three bells in the tower steeple, but the frame was made for a peal of five. The second bell had been added in 1631 when the upper part of the tower had been built, and the third bell in 1799. The three at this time were one with no inscription, the Mears bell and ‘God save the church’. The Nottingham Journal on 13 August 1841 reported that the bell frames had been replaced and the bells rehung. The first bell had been recast, and a new bell added to make a peal of four bells, the first of which was rung on Saturday 7 August. The old treble bell was by one of the Mellows family of Nottingham, c1470-1525. Two new bells (numbers 5 and 6 above) were cast by Samuel Midworth of Mansfield. The translation of the inscription on number 5 reads: ‘The gift of Henry Coape, Samuel Mathews and Uriah Wood, generous citizens, dedicated to Jesus the Saviour 1841’.
The bells were recast in 1969 and reconsecrated and rung on Sunday 25 October 1970. At this time a glass partition to the belfry was also installed.
Bells 1 and 2 were cast by John Taylor & Co, Founders, Loughborough in 1984.
The old tenor bell of 1631 was replaced in 2006. It was cast by John Taylors & Co., Loughborough, on 20 April 2006, and installed by Pembletons on 28 April 2007. The new bell was dedicated on 3 June, Trinity Sunday, by the Rt Rev Tony Porter, Bishop of Sherwood.
A quarter peal of Plain Bob Doubles with 7,6,8 covering was rung on the complete set of the eight Taylor bells for the first time on the evening of 3 June 2007.