For this church:
A single bell hung in the tower of St Matthew’s. It was new at the opening of the church in 1856. The maker of the original bell is not known, but it was recast in 1939 by G Hedderley of Nottingham.
The bell was removed in 1956 and transferred to Bestwood St Michael on the Hill. It now hangs in a new bell tower at the Bestwood church completed in 1959. It bears the inscription:
G HEDDERLEY NOTTM. FACIT
GLORY IN EXCELSIS DEO
The bell is 24½ inches in circumference and weighs 2 cwt 3 qr 22 lb.