For this church:
There are six bells in a frame to accommodate eight:
The peal is in the Key of A.
The 4th bell was previously cast by Thomas Mears of Whitechapel in 1817.
The earliest record of bells is the entry in the Inventory of church goods taken on the orders of King Edward VI in 1552. This states 'Wollaston iii belles'. They were recast at various times as they became damaged.
The second (now the fifth) was recast in 1606 by Henry Oldfield II in Long Row, Nottingham. The third (now the sixth) was recast in 1641 by George Oldfield, son of Henry. The treble (now the fourth) was recast in 1703 by William Noone, bellfounder and successor to George Oldfield. This bell has undergone further recasts.
In 1737 three lighter bells were added, cast by Abel Rudhall of Gloucester, a gift of Lord Middleton. By 1817 the fourth bell was cracked and was taken for recasting by Thomas Mears the younger at Whitechapel.
The bells were rehung using the old wooden frame by J Taylor of Loughborough about 1890 when they provided new fittings and quarter-turned the bells. In 1952 the bells were rehung in a new frame, again by J Taylor.
In 2010 the bells were retuned. The 1889 bell-frame was reconfigured to allow for the completion of the octave at some later date and was mounted on a new steel grillage. The cracked 6th bell was recast and all were provided with new fittings by John Taylor & Co. of Loughborough.
There has been an intermittent history of handbell-ringing at Wollaton over the years.
In 2008 a fresh band was formed which took over the existing bells, 2 octaves in F. After that 9 accidentals were added: 2 x B, 2 x C sharp, 1 E flat, 2 x F sharp and a high G and A, which are tuned to the pitch of the others.