For this church:
A western tower and spire containing a chime of three bells.
Details are as follows:
The presence of the three bells was first recorded in 1552. One of the bells bears the mark of Henry Oldfield.
On 31st October 1956 a report was received stating that the bell wheels were disintegrating and an inspection by Taylors of Loughborough confirmed ‘that the beams were also decaying and that the bells were not safe even to be chimed.’ Since an architect was due to make a detailed examination of the fabric of the church early in 1957, it was decided to do nothing for the time being and not even to chime the bells. About a year later the bells were restored.
The bells are now hung dead from a girder. The bells have chiming clappers.
The bell chamber is accessed from an ancient ladder.