For this church:
Wysall Holy Trinity
Features and Fittings
The stone reredos has seven-bay blind arcading. A brass plaque on the side of the wooden gradine reads:
The chancel, of the Decorated period, is separated from the nave by a good contemporary screen. There are a few small holes in the screen, the purpose of which is unknown.
Behind the screen are four carved misericord seats, two of which appear to be original, the other two are crude representations of the original.
The 13th century font is a plain bowl standing on a central shaft with four smaller shafts around.
The panelled pulpit, circa 1400, was discarded in the restoration of 1872/3 but happily reinstated in 1909. When cleaned it was found to have had painted figures on the panels but they could not be preserved.
In 1915 J C Cox records it as “the only pre-reformation pulpit extant in Nottinghamshire”.
A board mounted on the north wall of the church reads:
There are a few old benches at the West end of the church, probably of the same period as the ladder.