For this church:
Wysall Holy Trinity
The organ was built at the turn of the twentieth century but was not installed in Wysall until the time of the Rev Victor Dixon, 1951-60. A brass plaque on the side of the organ reads:
There is some evidence that the organ was originally built by Norman Beard and came from Tunbridge Wells but there is no record of this in the National Pipe Organ Register.
It comprised two manuals and pedals, and had a tracker action. It had the following stops:
In December 1960, a letter was received from S Taylor & Sons, Organ Builders, Leicester concerning the state of the organ in the Church. It stated that:
... there is quite a lot of bad infestation of Death Watch Beetle, especially in the new panels of the organ case ... The organ … appears to be about 80-100 years old although it has been modernised in part.
It contained an estimate for treating the affected woodwork and for fitting a new pneumatic chest. In view of this, the decision was taken to acquire a reed organ in place of the existing.
A survey of the organ in 1975 claimed that it was unsuitable for renovation and maintenance by professional organ builders. However, by the end of 1977, the organ was successfully renovated by Groves and brought back into service just before Christmas.