For this church:
Click the numbers in the key plan for details of the items.
In 1908, a faculty was issued by the Bishop of Southwell to the vicar of Wysall, the Rev Arthur Henry Millard, granting permission for 'the placing of a stained glass memorial window, depicting the Crucifixion, in the east end light of the Chancel of the Church of Wysall, the whole in strict accordance with the before mentioned design so produced to our General as aforesaid.' This document was signed by D’Oyle S Ransome, Registrar and mentions Robert Elding and John Young, Churchwardens of Wysall Church.
The window shows the figure of Christ on the Cross in the middle light, and two other figures, presumably the Blessed Virgin Mary and St John, in the flanking lights.
Inscriptions in the three lights (left to right) read:
Two square-headed windows in the south chancel wall, both filled with plain glass. Both appear to be transitional Decorated to Perpendicular, so perhaps date from around 1400, but are of different designs and sizes (the easternmost one is significantly large) so they were presumably not put in together.
A 14th Century window of the Decorated period, assuming the design of the tracery is original. (The south aisle was reconstructed in the 1870s.) The glass was put in soon after the glass in the east window in memory of the wife of the Vicar.
It depicts Mary Magdalene and her companions vising the empty tomb on the first Easter morning and being met by angels. The words of the angels: 'He is not here but is risen' are written in the trefoil tracery at the top of the window. At the bottom of the window is the inscription:
Two two-light windows, both filled with plain glass, probably of a similar date to the aisle east window. The westernmost of the two now lights the modern kitchen area.
This is a high, though fairly narrow window, with two rows of two lights, and slightly more elaborate tracery than the south aisle windows. The exterior stonework is severely weathered. The window is filled with plain glass.
Above the north door in the oldest remaining part of the church is a small deep-set window with semi-circular head. It almost certainly dates from the Norman period.
In more recent times it has been filled with stained glass depicting Christ the Good Shepherd, and the inscription:
Two windows, filled with plain glass, flank the pulpit. These are similar in style, and presumably in age, to the south windows.
The clerestory was added a little later than the main church structure, probably around the 15th Century. It contains five windows, all of plain glass, two on the north side and three on the south. Unusually there appears to have been no attempt to align the windows on the two sides of the clerestory.