For this church:
The gabled bell turret is stone-built and shouldered. It is topped with a cross and rises from the apex of the West wall. It contains a single bell hung for swing chiming. The bell is 15" in diameter and weighs 0cwt 3qtrs 19lb, ie 103lb. It was cast by John Taylor Bellfounders Ltd. at Loughborough in 1869 and has the following inscription:
J. TAYLOR & CO. 1869.
It is on record that the above bell replaced a previous bell, which was provided when the church was built in 1863. However, the Emmanuel Church foundation stone was not laid until 1869, the first service being in June 1870. The earlier bell appears to be the one hanging in the bell turret above the wing of Bestwood Lodge known as “the Chapel”.