For this church:
Begun in 1903 and dedicated in 1905 this Arts and Crafts church was designed by G Ford Whitcombe of London and built by A B Clark of Nottingham using stone from New Hucknall Colliery dug out by the miners.
It consists of a nave, chancel, north aisle with four bays (on octagonal columns), an unfinished bell tower and north porch where there is a bell by Barwell of Birmingham.
Most windows are of stained glass, three are by Pope & Parr, others by Goddard & Gibbs and Maile. The choir stalls are of carved oak, as are the pulpit, reredos and bishop’s chair. There is a brass eagle lectern and an octagonal stone font.
On the north wall is a bronze plaque of a miner hewing coal that commemorates all who laboured at the New Hucknall Colliery.
Particular thanks to Amy Calladine and Dr Chris Brooke for research on this entry