For this church:
All the stonework surrounding the windows in the church is of architecture in the gothic Decorated style. Most of it appears to date from the 1870 rebuilding of the church. The exception is the western north window which may contain some original stonework.
The east window has three stained glass lights and fits Glynn’s description of 1866 and therefore it is assumed was retained in the 1870 rebuilding. Godfrey dates it at 1795. The window was renewed at some point in its history.
The second and third windows in the chancel were new in 1870 and fitted with plain glass to improve the lighting of the chancel in view of the south facing aspect. Both have upper lights having stained glass decoration of angels and one having the addition of a chalice and host, representing the presence of Christ in the Eucharist.
Three of the stained glass windows in the nave are dedicated to village residents, one to Arthur Alvey (1880) and two to the Massey Family (undated). The other three have biblical inscriptions and are of high standard representing the life of Jesus from his birth and life through to his death.
The tower has three narrow lancet windows which are also stained. These windows indicate just how thick the tower walls are. The stained glass in the tower windows have a strong attachment to Jesus and the Virgin Mary, the south centre piece is the Lamb of God supported by the stemmed lilies representing that given to the Virgin Mary by Gabriel at her submission. The centre piece of the west lancet is a dove, the symbol of God the Holy Spirit. It is also supported by lilies. The north lancet is of a diamond pattern leading and less decorative in design