For this church:
Thrumpton All Saints
The war memorial is unusual as it is built into the north wall of the nave on the outside of the church close to the north door. It depicts a recumbent soldier lying in a sepulchre. In the upper left corner is St George who is slaying a dragon which is in the opposite (upper right) corner.
A faculty was obtained on 30th November 1923 and the memorial was installed the following year.
The memorial lists the three villagers who died in the First World War and displays their regimental badges. The inscription in the two centre panels reads: