For this church:
Willoughby-on-the-Wolds St Mary and All Saints
A three train, flat-bed turret clock is housed within a timber chamber on the south wall of the bell tower. Manufactured by Copes of Nottingham, it has a double three-legged gravity escapement, strikes the hours and quarters and plays an unusual quartertone making use of the bells.
It was installed in 1919 by public subscription, in memory of villagers who fought and died in the First World War. A plaque on the righthand side of the ringing tower wall reads:
The above names have a red cross at the side of their names indicating they did not return.
Two of the names on the plaque are incorrect: 'Atkinson, E.' should be 'Atkinson.F.' and 'Woodford.C.' should be 'Woodford.T.C.'.
Originally it necessitated winding manually every eight days and a parishioner climbed the wooden ladder from the ringing chamber until 1995, when it was fitted with automatic electric winding units.