For this church:
Willoughby-on-the-Wolds St Mary and All Saints
DR 1/1/3/4 No references to Willoughby.
p. 275. Mortgage 18 November 1901
Public Record Office
E117/7/34. Church Goods Inventories. 1509 – 1603.
Lambeth Palace Library
CommX11a/13, pp266 – 268.
University of Nottingham, Manuscripts and Special Collections
AN/PB 292/1/folio 5v/2
English Episcopal Acta, Vol XX, p 126.
Transactions of the Thoroton Society, Vol VI, 1902, p 43.
Historic Manuscripts Commission, Wollaton Hall, p 29 and p 65.
Heather Hamilton, Study of Willoughby, 1970. Chapter 8, p 60.
Transactions of the Thoroton Society, Vol LXIX.
Transactions of the Thoroton Society, Vol XLII, p 92.
J T Godfrey, Churches of Rushcliffe, p 309.
Valor Ecclesiasticus, XXVII, Henry VIII.
Transactions of the Thoroton Society, p 35.
Yorkshire Archeological Society Record Series. Vol. LXXVII 1930. Archbishop Herring’s Visitation Returns, 1743. Vol. IV. P.161.
Inquisitions Post Mortem relating to Nottinghamshire, Vol. III, 1321 – 50.
History of the County of Nottingham, Vol. II. and Vol. III. DA 670. A1 to N8.
G. Dawson, Church Bells of Nottinghamshire, 1994.
W. Stretton. The Stretton MSS on the History of Nottinghamshire.
M. R. Watts (ed.), Religion in Victorian Nottinghamshire: the Religious Census of 1851, 1988.
Southwell Diocesan Magazine. 1889 – 1940.
N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England : Nottinghamshire, 1979, p379.
History of Worksop Priory. Pygote. Rhyming Pedegree.
William Page (editor), Victoria County History of Nottinghamshire, Vol. 1. p. 226
Sir William Dugdale, Monasticon Anglicanum, Vol. II, item 50.
The Registers of John le Romeyn and Henry of Newark, Surtees Society Vol 128, 1917.
Inquisitions and assessments Relating to Feudal aids, 1284-1431, Vol IV, London: HMSO, 1906
White’s Directory of Nottinghamshire, 1832
White’s Directory of Nottinghamshire, 1844
Kelly’s Post Office Directory of Notts and Derbys, 1855
British Geological Survey, Research Report CR/03/223
Peter Rogan, Architect, Quinquennial Report 2011
Nottingham Guardian, 21st April 1907
Nottingham Guardian, 24th February 1909
Nottingham Evening Post, Martin Stevenson. 21st May 1979.
National Pipe Organ Register (NPOR)
N04536 Version 3.1. Refers to St Mary the Virgin, Bottesford. (The origin of the organ in St Mary and All Saints, Willoughby).
Norman Hall and Sons, Cambridge.
British Geological Survey Keyworth
Report on sample supplied from Willoughby church. Dr G K Lott.
Grateful thanks are also due to the Vicar, the Revd Dr Stephen Hippisley-Cox, Church Warden, Miss E Bryans, and Tower Captain, Mr G Dawson, for helping with access to church and for providing other information.