For this church:
Features and Fittings
Click the numbers in the key plan for details of the items.
The altar table has filled-in panels at the base. The centre panel is carved with "IHS". Other panels to either side are carved in arches design. There are plain panels at sides.
Behind is a reredos with similar carved panels and at centre coronet hood over a crucifix. Both are from one of the Victorian restorations.
Two rows of stalls to north and to south. Victorian, part of the 1897/8 restoration of the church, financed by J A Cottam.
Original masonry left when chancel was rebuilt in 1840s.
At the south end of the aisle which is used as a small chapel, the altar is a small, modern wooden table. It is also used in the nave.
On the north wall are three murals locally produced and showing the village. They commemorate the millenium year 2000.
The present pulpit, again presumed to be Victorian, replaced the three-decker one reportedly removed during one of the nineteenth century restorations. On stone base and with stone steps (to original pulpit?), the pulpit has a small seat inside and carved wooden panels.
Ten rows on either side of nave. New sittings were provided in the 1897/8 restoration by Mrs Holmes of The Elms, Retford. On the front pews the following plates are affixed, one on the north side and one on the south:
The White family were closely associated with the church for many years and provided several churchwardens over that time. Mrs Holmes was herself a member of the White family.
Investigated in 2007 and believed to be fragments of a Saxon cross. Identified as being of local Nottinghamshire stone rather than the Lincolnshire limestone in the surrounding stonework. Much worn, the markings are scarcely visible to the naked eye.
This records the incumbents of the parish of South Leverton with Cottam chapelry from the 13th century, the joint parish of North Leverton and South Leverton since 1951 and the present union of North and South Leverton with Rampton. It was placed in the church in 1981.
A copy of the covenant of 11th June 2004 between St Martin’s, North Leverton, All Saints’, South Leverton and the Methodist Chapel, North Leverton signed by the priest in charge of North Leverton, Assistant priest of South Leverton and the Superintendent of North Leverton Methodists.
Recording the restoration of the church in 1897. It reads: